- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol. As always, encourage your child to practice hand hygiene at home and school.
Kent County Health Department Video
Kent County Health Department
Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Food Distribution and Information
Packaged foods for breakfast and lunch, for all seven days of the week, will be available for pick up for students 18 and under and students receiving special education (up to age 26 ) through April 10th.
Alto Elementary parking lot
Impact Church parking lot
Tuesdays (meals for three days)
Friday (meals for four days)
TIMES - 11:00am-12:00pm AND 6:00pm-7:00pm
At this time we have enough volunteers to help. If you are able to volunteer, Flat River Outreach Ministries (616) 897-8260 is looking for volunteers as their normal volunteers are at high risk for contracting COVID-19.